Just in case you didn’t know, August is Family Fun Month! While our team at Drama Kids is sure that your family has already been having a ton of fun this month, here are 10 family-friendly ideas worth trying out!
- Make a family music video.We all watch various music videos on YouTube and have seen those adorable homemade music videos go viral, so why not try your hand at it? Pick out a song that the whole family loves, coordinate your outfits, choreograph some dance moves and go to town! Don’t forget to share that video with us on Facebook!
- Put on a backyard play.Of course some theatrical offerings would pop up…….we are Drama Kids International after all! Your backyard could host a neighborhood play, with your family acting out parts of your favorite movies or even a special children’s book!
- Camp out in the backyard.There’s no need to pack up the car and drive to a campsite when your backyard is just as accessible. Perhaps you have a non-nature lover in the family or young children who might not be ready for the big campout yet—your backyard is a great place to introduce them to the outdoors. The indoor plumbing accessibility is just an added bonus!
- Go on a scavenger hunt.Plan a scavenger hunt through your neighborhood or perhaps a nearby park. Give your children a list of things to find, whether they are actual items or just landmarks. Then enjoy watching and helping them discover everything on the list!
- Host a dance party.This is probably self-explanatory, but bust out the tunes and get down with your bad selves! There’s nothing wrong with holding a family dance party, especially if it gives you a chance to show off those awesome moves to your kids!
- Enjoy a lazy Saturday.We’re often so busy that sometimes the most fun you can have is sleeping in on a Saturday then staying in your pajamas for the day. Everyone deserves a break now and then!
- Go star gazing.You can either do this in your backyard or if your star view is drowned out by city lights, drive a few miles out into “the country” and enjoy some quality night skies.
- Pack up a picnic.Does your family have a favorite park or spot to visit? Why not pack up some snacks or a meal and go enjoy it there?!
- Have an ice cream party.Pick out your favorite ice cream and enjoy it with your family. For a more interactive experience, perhaps try your hand at making your own ice cream!
- Have a movie marathon.This is perfect if rainy weather ruins a weekend. Break out some of your favorite childhood movies and share them with your kids.
We hope that your August has already been filled with tons of family fun and that it continues to be an excellent Family Fun Month! Remember, if your kids have a flair for the dramatics, our drama classes for kids are a great way for them to hone those skills and learn new ones!
Internationalis the place to go!