With summer break getting closer to its end, the time to prepare your child for the new school year is fast-approaching. While our team at Drama Kids International offers drama programs for kids all year long, we still appreciate and understand the prep work that goes into getting them ready for a new school year. We hope that these tips prove beneficial to you as the back-to-school season gears up!
1. Get back on a normal sleep schedule. Summertime isn’t necessarily known as a time for keeping up with traditional sleep schedules. To get your child back on track for the upcoming school year, be sure to bring back school bedtimes one to two weeks before school actually gets started.
2. Visit educational attractions. You may have been doing this throughout the summer, but by visiting cultural attractions such as museums, you will be helping your kids get their brain back into educational mode.
3. Visit the school. If your child will be attending a new school, whether it’s due to a move or just from aging out of elementary or middle school, it can be very beneficial to visit the school so that it becomes more familiar. Schools always have registration and orientation days, which is also a perfect time to meet your child’s teacher(s).
4. Get a checkup. Taking your kids in for back-to-school physicals is a great way to keep them in tip-top shape. Since schools require children be up-to-date on immunizations, you can get that out of the way as well.
5. Read to your child. Hopefully this is already a habit in your home, but if it isn’t, perhaps it’s time to get started! Reading with your kids for just 20 minutes a day has been proven to make a difference in their overall education! If your child is not yet reading on his/her own, read to them. Otherwise, have them read out loud to you each day.
6. Set up a morning routine. By establishing a morning routine slightly before the start of school, it will make the actual school year get off to an excellent start.
7. Find activities for after school. Once school gets started, there will be a multitude of after-school activities for your child to become involved in. Decide which ones your child wants to do most, so that you can plan accordingly. If your child is dramatically inclined, or simply has an interest in participating in a fun, exciting activity where they can express themselves each week, don’t forget to check out the programs that Drama Kids offers! Drama Kids classes are carefully designed to be fun and challenging, while helping each child to develop public speaking and communication skills.
We hope that you enjoy the rest of summer break and that the upcoming back-to-school season doesn’t prove too stressful for the family! Remember, if it’s drama classes for kids you’re looking for, Drama Kids Internationalis the place to go!